I think it’s safe to assume that by now most fanboys are going to their second showings of Watchmen or waiting on the DVD at this point. The one thing I’m noticing is that as time goes on I start to notice more and more plot holes and mistakes in the film. So without further ado here’s my laundry list (warning: this list will contain some plot spoilers, so if you still haven’t seen the film please don’t read ahead):
• If Adrian Veidt is so smart then why is it so easy for the Nite Owl to guess his password?
• If Jonathan Osterman became Doctor Manhattan by being caught in an intrinsic field subtractor then why can’t the Americans recreate the same situation and create a dozen more like him? Also wouldn’t the Soviets be researching the same technology and have created their own Doctor Manhattan by at least the 70s?
• If Doctor Manhattan can see into multiple futures then why does he kill Rorschach — wouldn’t he see that his journal would be discovered?
• How come when the Comedian discovers that there’s a plot to kill him why doesn’t he share this info with the other Watchmen instead of his old enemy? And at the very least wouldn’t he be better prepared when they came?
• How could be Adrian Veidt be the second superhero to reveal his identity (after Hollis Mason) when clearly in the opening frames of the film we see an aircraft with Silk Spectre’s real name, (Sally Jupiter) on its side?
• If Adrian Veidt used energy from Dr. Manhattan to destroy all of those cities then why didn’t he just create renewable energy to cause peace in the first place?